We offer AP mode as an alternative wireless setup way to “AirLink”. If you have troubles with other setup way like AirLink, you can try Initial Setup by AP Mode.
In AP mode, the HiKam camera generates a WiFi signal named ‘Hikam-….XX’ or 'Hi-....XX'(XX is the last two digits of the HiKam Camera ID. The camera ID can be found on the back of the HiKam camera.)
Once the smartphone is connected to the camera’s WiFi , you can use the HiKam app to configure the HiKam camera and then modify the network settings, so the camera will be able to connect to your router.
Before starting setup
Step 1: Make sure HiKam app is downloaded and installed on your phone. Move forward to Step 2 if the HiKam app is already in your mobile device.
- Go to App Store (iPhone/iPad) or Google Play (Android) and search “HiKam camera”. Get HiKam app.
- Create your account in the app by tapping >New Account Registration<.
Step 1: Set HiKam camera to AP mode
- Power on the A7 camera by connecting the power adapter. Wait for 30 seconds for the camera to boot up.
- Pressing reset button by the PIN in the box, til you hear the two DING sound from the camera, then release the reset button. Normally you will hear two DING sound within 10 seconds.
Reset button on S6:
- After you release the reset button, the camera will auto reboot, wait for about 30seconds.
Now go to check the status LED on the S6, it should flash as blue-red, as following,
If the status LED is not flashing as blue-red, you need to do the reset , hear two ding again.
Step 2: Connect your phone to WiFi generated by the camera
Please go to your smartphone setup menu and find the WiFi named as ‘Hikam-….XX’ or 'Hi-....XX', and connect your phone to this WiFi.
Just like when you go to Starbucks or McDonald, you are trying to find and connect to the WiFi provided by the shop.
(Example for iPhone/iPad and Android as below)
On iPhone / iPad:
Step 3: Add the HiKam camera into the HiKam app
- Open the HiKam app, wait for some seconds, a blue strip will show up.
- Click the blue strip. Follow the process to add the camera. You will be asked to name the camera (e.g. living room) and to enter the camera factory password, which is 123
- You will then be asked to enter a new password, consisting of 6-30 characters (0-9, a-z, A-Z)
Step 4: Set camera to connect to your home WiFi
Go to 'My Camera' page, click settings of the camera -> Network Settings -> find your home WiFi name on the WiFi list shown up, tap on your home WiFi name -> Confirm -> Enter WiFi password
- Then the HiKam camera will auto reboot. The smartphone disconnects automatically from the WiFi generated by the camera.
- Wait for around 1minute, go to HiKam app > 'My Camera' page, you will see the camera status as ONLINE.
You can now click on the camera and follow the live video stream on your smartphone.
Meet Issues? Camera not online?
Have a check on the status LED of the S6, is it flashing red, like following?
If the status LED is flashing red as above, it means the WiFi password provided is wrong.
You can just do from Start Setup > Step 1 to the final step again. Make sure you have the correct WiFi password in hand and input correctly.
For other issues, check this link for detailed instructions: resolving S6 connecting to WiFi issue