This is an Easy Quick Guide to enable Alarm, Alarm Push, Alarm Recording and Cloud Recording.
This can be also used for a quick check if your alarm recordings does not work.You could have a check as the following:
1) After installing the microSD card to the camera, do a power cycle the camera(unplug then plug in the power source of the camera) :
If you don't remember it has been powered cycle or not before, you can just do one more time of power cycle.
2) Wait for one minute, go to HiKam app, the camera should be online again.
3) Go to 'My Camera' page, click settings of the corresponding camera > Storage Info, check the SD Card capacity is there, like below
If the SD card Capacity is 0M, pls make sure you've installed a microSD card into the camera. The camera need a microSD card for the recording, cloud recording features. Recommend to use a 8GB or greater size microSD card. 16GB or above is recommended.
If you have inserted a microSD card in it but you see 0M, pls check if the microSD card is inserted well into the camera and the microSD card itself is good.
4) Enable the Alarm settings and Alarm Recordings:
a. 'Alarm Button on the 'My Camera' page in enabled.
b. go to 'My Camera' page > Alarm Settings, enable 'Motion Detection', make sure the sensitivity is 3 or greater. (You can set the sensitivity to your preferred value later when alarm recording is working)
(OPTIONAL) If you want to enable Alarm Push to the phone, just on the top of this page, you can find Alarm Push, just enable it.
c. Alarm Recording: go to 'My Camera' page > Recording Settings, set Record Type to 'Alarm Recording'. Set 'Record Time' to 1min just for this testing. (You can change the Record Time to your preferred later when alarm recording is working)
4) Move in front of the camera to trigger some alarms, check in 'Alarm List' there are alert motion clips there.
If there are alarm records in Alarm List, you should be able to see the snapshot of the alarm on the left side. Click on the snapshot, the app will play back the alert motion clip, which is 6 to 12 seconds. (The 6 to 12 seconds clip is for alert motion clip feature, which is for a quick preview of alarm events).
5) Wait for like 2 minutes. After that, go to 'Playback' in 'My Camera' page, check you can see alarm recording files there.
Alarm Recording File is at least 1 minute duration, depending on your settings in Step 4.
If there are continously alarm events detected, the camera will auto extend the alarm recording to another 1 to 3 minute, in order to capture the full event.
If all the checking are OK and passed, but the Alarm Recording still not work, pls contact our support. Just send an email to email@example.com.
We will response in hours.
6) If you want to enable Cloud Recording, now you can just go to HiKam app > 'My Camera' page, click settings of the camera > Cloud Storage Settings, just enable it.
After enabling it, the alert motion clips generated will be auto upload and backup in the cloud. The cloud keep every clip for 3 days.
The app will auto load the alert motion clips when the camera is not online, or camera is damaged when you are trying to playback the clip. You no need to manul figure out playing back the clip from camera or from cloud.
To verify the clips are in the cloud: go to 'My Camera' --> Alarm List of that camera > the app will show up a CLOUD icon on the snapshot image if the clip is already available in the cloud. When you can see the CLOUD icon in your app, it shows the cloud recording is working.