HiKam A7(2018 Version) support setup by pure wireless.
This is suitable for the case when you don't want to use a Lan cable connect your camera to the router for setup. You can complete the setup by pure wireless way.
Just follow the procedure as following,
Before starting setup
Step 1: Set HiKam camera to AP mode
- Power on the A7 camera by connecting the power adapter. Wait for 30 seconds for the camera to boot up.
- Pressing reset button til you hear the two DING sound from the camera, then release the reset button. Normally you will hear two DING sound within 10 seconds.
- After you release the reset button, the camera will auto reboot, wait for about 30seconds.
Now go to check the status LED on the A7, it should flash as blue-red, as following,
If the status LED is not flashing as blue-red, you need to do the reset, hear two ding again.
Step 2: Connect your phone to WiFi generated by the camera
Please go to your smartphone setup menu and find the WiFi named as ‘Hikam-….XX’ or 'Hi-....XX', and connect your phone to this WiFi.
Just like when you go to Starbucks or McDonald, you are trying to find and connect to the WiFi provided by the shop.
(Example for iPhone/iPad and Android Phone as below)
On iPhone / iPad:
Step 3: Add the HiKam camera into the HiKam app
- Open the HiKam app, wait for some seconds, a blue strip will show up.
- Click the blue strip. Follow the process to add the camera. You will be asked to name the camera (e.g. living room) and to enter the camera factory password, which is 123
- Then you will be asked to enter a new password, consisting of 6-30 characters (0-9, a-z, A-Z)
Step 4: Set camera to connect to your home WiFi
Go to 'My Camera' page, click settings of the camera -> Network Settings -> find your home WiFi name on the WiFi list shown up, tap on your home WiFi name -> Confirm -> Enter WiFi password
- Then the HiKam camera will auto reboot. The smartphone disconnects automatically from the WiFi generated by the camera.
- Wait for around 1minute, go to HiKam app > 'My Camera' page, you will see the camera status as ONLINE.
You can now click on the camera and follow the live video stream on your smartphone.
Meet Issues? Camera not online?
Have a check on the status LED of the A7, is it flashing red, like following?
If the status LED is flashing red as above, it means the WiFi password provided is wrong.
You can just do from Start Setup > Step 1 again, to the last step. Make sure you have the correct WiFi password in hand and input correctly.
For other issues, check this link for detailed instructions: resolving A7 connecting to WiFi issue