Step 1: Prepare
- Your smartphone, camera, and router should be within approximately 9 feet during setup.
- Make sure your phone (or iPad) is connected to the WiFi network intended for the camera.
- Connect antenna marked “WIFI” to the back of camera labeled “L” (as below)
- Connect antenna marked “433” to back of camera labeled “R” (as below)
- Have your WiFi router password ready
Step 2: Install HiKam App for free
Get HiKam App from App Store (iPhone/iPad) or Google Play (Android), search "HiKam camera".
- Install and Launch the app from App Store or Google Play
- Create your account in the app.
Step 3: Start setup
- Turn on camera by connecting the camera power adapter to wall outlet
- Connect A7 camera by LAN cable to your router. (You can find one LAN cable in the box.)
Check the status LED on A7 camera is solid blue.
- Go to HiKam app > 'My Camera' page, wait for the App to search for the camera.
- Once camera is found, a blue strip will appear on top of the page.
- Click on the blue strip.
- Name the camera and enter the factory password 123
- App will then prompt you to enter your own password. At least 6 digits (alphabet and numbers).
Continue to WiFi Settings:
- Go to HiKam app > 'My Camera' page, click Settings of the camera > Network Settings > Wait for the App to look for your home WiFi,
- Tap on your home WiFi name > Confirm and Enter your home WiFi password.
- The app will show 'Testing WiFi'. Wait for several seconds. The camera will prompt Testing WiFi Successful and auto connect to the WiFi.
- Now you can unplug the LAN cable, the camera will work on WiFi.
- Wait for 30 seconds. Go to HiKam app > 'My Camera' page. Now you can see the camera is ONLINE and you can follow the live video stream on your smartphone.
Testing WiFi Failed?
The app will show the failed reason on the app after WiFi Testing failed.
- WiFi password wrong: Try again with the correct WiFi password
- Obtaining IP address failed: Check your router settings to allow the camera access your WiFi. In most cases, there are conflicts with DHCP settings and MAC filter settings on the router.Contact HiKam Tech Support for further assistance if needed.
- WiFi signal too weak: If your camera is within 9-feet of the router but you still see this message, please contact HiKam Tech Support.
- If you still have problem setting up your camera, please contact HiKam Tech Support.
-Regarding SD card, the A7 takes a microSD card and supports 16GB to 128GB. However, a 32G or 64G will be plenty for normal recording purpose. After installing the SD card in the camera, power off the camera, wait 10 seconds, power back on.
-Regarding adding A7 on multiple devices: Download App on each device. Use a different User Name on each device to avoid system confusion. Connect the device to the same WiFi network as the camera > wait for the app to auto search for the camera > click on the blue strip, name the camera and enter the password you set to the camera. Done!
To get support from a customer service expert tutorials, email email@example.com. Guarantee feedback within 24hrs.